Wine Auction is Part of a Three-Day Collectibles Auction Event
(November 9, 2010; Irvine, CA)—Southern California-based Spectrum Wine Auctions, the world’s newest high-end auction house of fine collectible wine, will hold its 2010 Winter Rare Wine Auction on Sunday, December 5, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. HKT (December 4, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. PST) at The Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, located at 20 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. The auction consists of 1,181 lots and has a pre-sale estimate of $3.6 million.
Among the auction’s offerings are first-growth Bordeaux, Grand Cru Burgundy and California cult wines from the most sought-after producers and vintages, with 814 lots in their original wooden cases and 829 lots of Bordeaux. Highlights also include the first installment of wines from “The Doctor’s Pristine OWC Collection,” consisting of over 16,000 bottles and 1,500 original wooden cases purchased en premier and never moved from the consignor’s warehouse. The collection will span across multiple auctions as well as Spectrum Wine’s bi-monthly internet-only auctions.
Bidders who are not available to attend the Hong Kong auction in person may also take advantage of Spectrum Wine Auctions’ fully-integrated real-time bidding software system online. In addition to secure transactions, the software allows for live streaming audio and video of the auction floor, bringing the auction experience in-house for online bidders around the world. Bids are also accepted via mail and fax before the sale, and arrangements may be made for live phone bidding. For more information or to request a catalog, go to www.spectrumwine.com or call 949.748.4845.
Leading up to the Spectrum Wine Auction sale on December 5, Ponterio & Associates, a division of Spectrum Group International affiliate Bowers and Merena Auctions, will hold a two-day auction of rare and collectible Chinese and Hong Kong coins and paper money on December 3 and 4, 2010. The auction’s highlight is the Wa She Wong Collection, which is considered to be one of the most important collections of Chinese coins ever offered. Catalogs can be viewed at www.bowersandmerena.com.
“We’re thrilled to offer a consignment with such wide scope and impeccable provenance as found in The Doctor’s Pristine OWC Collection,” comments Spectrum Wine Auctions President Jason Boland. “Holding the auction in conjunction with Ponterio & Associates’ presentation of the Wa She Wong Collection presents a compelling opportunity for bidders to procure rare wines and coins from two pristine and comprehensive collections in one epic sale.”
Other highlights include:
- 12 lots of Scarecrow Cabernet Sauvignon
- 11 lots of Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon, including a rare,10-year vertical of Screaming Eagle in magnums, beginning with the inaugural 1992 vintage
- 43 lots of Sine Qua Non Syrah and Grenache offerings, including respective vertical sets
- 60 lots of Château Lafite Rothschild, including 13 original wood case offerings from 2005 and a rare bottle from the 1893 vintage
- 29 lots of Château Latour, including bottles from 1929, 1928 and 1896
- 65 lots of Château Mouton Rothschild, featuring vertical sets of 24 and 40 years respectively
- 26 lots of Château Margaux spanning four decades and including five pristine original cases of the great 1996 vintage and an imperial from the legendary 1982 vintage
- 38 lots of Château Haut Brion including three perfect vintages, 1989, 1961 and 1945, as well as 2005 and 1998, each in original wood cases
- 17 lots of Château Petrus, including vintages 1982, 1975 and 1945
- 43 lots of Château d'Yquem
- 33 lots of Romanée Conti, Domaine de la Romanée Conti, including a 12-bottle original wood case of the 1978 vintage
- 17 lots of Henri Jayer and George et Henri Jayer including eight vintages of Echezeaux from George et Henri Jayer and a lot of 12 bottles of Henri Jayer Richebourg 1978
In addition to the December sale, Spectrum Wine also holds internet-only auctions of rare and collectible wines at www.spectrumwine.com on the second and fourth Thursday of every month.
Upcoming Live Auction Calendar
About Spectrum Wine Auctions
Launched in 2009, Spectrum Wine Auctions is the world’s newest live and online auction house of fine collectible wine.
Following in the grand tradition of its sister auction companies, Spectrum Wine Auctions is a subsidiary of Spectrum Group International, Inc. (SPGZ:PK), a consolidated global collectibles network. The company is a leading auctioneer of stamps, coins, arms, armor and militaria, and other memorabilia, targeting both collectors and dealers. Building a strong financial foundation, Spectrum Group International is also a merchant/dealer of certain collectibles and trader of precious metals. The company's collectibles offerings range from the modest to ultra high-end in value and span the globe. Spectrum Wine Auctions is the newest member of the elite Spectrum Group International family. Spectrum Wine Auctions also conducts bi-weekly online auctions through www.spectrumwine.com. The company offers competitive incentives for consignors, including 30-day payouts in full for all lots sold regardless as to whether the firm has collected from each buyer, and the ability to consign both highly-collectible and commonly found wines.
Backed by many decades of auction expertise and driven by a team of dedicated wine specialists and enthusiasts, Spectrum Wine Auctions is committed to offering buyers and sellers alike the most accessible and expansive auction opportunities of what is simply the greatest consumable and collectible product known to man—wine.
For more information on Spectrum Wine Auctions, please call at 949.748.4845 or visit www.spectrumwine.com.