Spectrum Wine Auctions to Hold Its Largest Sale to Date March 12 -13 at The Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers
Sale to Offer Top Vintages Purchased Directly from Château Mouton Rothschild and Château d’Yquem
(February 22, 2011; IRVINE, CA)—Spectrum Wine Auctions, one of the new leading players in fine and rare wine auctions, will hold its largest live auction to date on March 12 and March 13, 2011 at 10:00 a.m. HKT (March 11 and March 12, 2011, 6:00 p.m. PST) at The Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, located at 20 Nathan Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong. The massive two-day Spring 2011 Live Auction will feature more than 1,700 lots of some of the world’s most sought after collectible wines, including the second installment of The Doctor’s Pristine OWC Collection and consignments purchased directly from the cellars of Château Mouton Rothschild, Château d’Yquem and Compañia Vinícola del Norte de España. The sale will offer a staggering 1,200 lots of Bordeaux including a 34-year vertical of Château Mouton Rothschild, cases of 1982 Château Lafite Rothschild and rare Château Latour vintages from the 1930s. Close to 14,000 bottles will be offered with a pre-sale estimate of nearly $5 million. Richard Brierley, current Head of Fine Wine at Vanquish Ltd., and previous Head of North American Wine Sales at Christie’s, will preside as auctioneer.
“The incredible selection and scope of wines featured in the March sale is indicative of strong upward momentum the fine wine market is experiencing,” says Spectrum Wine Auctions President Jason Boland. “With consignments purchased directly from several top producers and the second installment from The Doctor’s Pristine OWC Collection, the auction will offer collectors a truly astonishing opportunity to procure top wines with the finest possible provenance.”
Bidders who are not available to attend the Hong Kong auction in person may still participate by using Spectrum Wine Auctions’ fully-integrated real-time bidding software system online. In addition to secure transactions, the software allows for live streaming audio and video of the auction floor, bringing the auction experience in-house for online bidders around the world. Bids are also accepted via mail and fax before the sale, and arrangements may be made for live phone bidding. For more information or to request a catalog, go to www.spectrumwine.com or call 949.748.4845.
- Multiple cases Château Lafite Rothschild including sought after vintages such as 1982, 1986, 2000, and 2005
- 6-bottle cases 2000 and 2005 Château Petrus in OWC
- 12-bottle cases 1979 and 1996 Château Petrus in OWC
- 3-magnum case 2005 Château Petrus in OWC
- Four 12-bottle cases Château Latour from rare vintages including 1931, 1933, 1936, 1937
- Two 12-bottle cases 2000 Château Margaux in OWC
- 34-year Château Mouton Rothschild vertical 1965-2004
- 11 lots purchased directly from Château Mouton Rothschild vintage 1986 (formats: 750ml, 1.5L, 3L, 5L)
- 12-bottle case 2000 Château Mouton Rothschild in OWC
- 6 bottles 1961 Château La Mission Haut-Brion
- 10 lots purchased directly from Château d'Yquem vintages 1995-1996 in OWC
- Four 12-bottle cases 1975 Château d'Yquem in OWC (formats 375ml and 750ml)
- Jeroboam of 2007 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Echézeaux, in OWC
- 17 lots of Compañia Vinícola del Norte de España (ex-Haro) from vintages 1939-1970 direct from the winery’s cellar
- 1 magnum 1997 Screaming Eagle Cabernet Sauvignon in OWC
In addition to the March sale, Spectrum Wine also holds internet-only auctions of rare and collectible wines every other Thursday at www.spectrumwine.com.
Upcoming Live Auction Calendar
June 25-26, 2011, The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong
About Spectrum Wine Auctions
Launched in 2009, Spectrum Wine Auctions is the world’s newest live and online auction house of fine collectible wine.
Following in the grand tradition of its sister auction companies, Spectrum Wine Auctions is a subsidiary of Spectrum Group International, Inc. (SPGZ:PK), a consolidated global collectibles network. The company is a leading auctioneer of stamps, coins, and other memorabilia, targeting both collectors and dealers. Building a strong financial foundation, Spectrum Group International is also a merchant/dealer of certain collectibles and trader of precious metals. The company's collectibles offerings range from the modest to ultra high-end in value and span the globe. Spectrum Wine Auctions also conducts semimonthly online auctions through www.spectrumwine.com. The company offers competitive incentives for consignors, including 30-day payouts in full for all lots sold regardless as to whether the firm has collected from each buyer, and the ability to consign both highly-collectible and commonly found wines.
Backed by many decades of auction expertise and driven by a team of dedicated wine specialists and enthusiasts, Spectrum Wine Auctions is committed to offering buyers and sellers alike the most accessible and expansive auction opportunities of what is simply the world’s greatest consumable and collectible product—wine.
For more information on Spectrum Wine Auctions, please call at 949.748.4845 or visit www.spectrumwine.com.