(March 7, 2012; IRVINE, CA)—California-based Spectrum Wine Auctions announced today highlights from its first Hong Kong sale of the year, to take place on March 23 and 24, 2012 at the Grand Hyatt Hotel, Hong Kong.
The Spring 2012 Auction will feature 1,816 lots of rare and collectible wines with a pre-sale estimate of more than US$5 million (HK$38,793,500). Richard Brierley, head of fine wine at Vanquish Ltd., will preside as auctioneer over an assemblage that includes 176 lots of Domaine de la Romanée-Conti (estimated at over US$1.2M;HK$9,300,000), 223 lots of first-growth Bordeaux (estimated at more than US$1M;HK$7,750,000), as well as large quantities of ex-Château Mouton Rothschild 1986, Château d’Yquem and Antinori Solaia in a full range of formats including 750ml, 1.5L, 3L and 5L.
One of the major collections of the auction, “The Golden Dragon Collection,” comes from a prominent West Coast American collector. The roster of producers in this offering reads like a veritable “who’s who” of France’s Burgundy and Rhône Valley regions and includes such luminaries as Henri Bonneau, E. Guigal, Domaine Denis Bachelet, Domaine Dujac, Domaine Jean-Marie Fourrier, Domaine Méo-Camuzet, Domaine Mugneret-Gibourg, Domaine J-F Mugnier, Domaine Ponsot, Domaine Georges Roumier, Domaine Armand Rousseau, Domaine Coche-Dury and Domaine Leflaive, as well as the renowned Domaine de la Romanée-Conti. Other noteworthy collections include the “Legacy Collection,” the “Empire State Collection,” the “Rocky Mountain Collection,” and the “Laguna Beach Collection,” all of which encompass a superb selection of conscientiously cellared rarities from France’s Bordeaux, Burgundy and Rhône Valley regions.
Highlights from “The Spring 2012 Auction” include:
• Lot 2186: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Assortment Case 1990 in original wooden case (estimate US$45,000; HK$348,750)
• Lot 2171: eight bottles (750ml) Domaine de la Romanée-Conti, Romanée Conti vertical 1989-2004 (estimate US$75,000; HK$581,250)
• Lot 2184: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Assortment Case 1999 in original wooden case (estimate US$40,000; HK$310,000)
• Lot 1769: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Château Latour 1931 (estimate US$30,000; HK$232,500)
• Lot 2106: 11 bottles (750ml) Domaine de la Romanée-Conti La Tâche 1999 (estimate US$35,000; HK$271,250)
• Lot 1897: full case (12 bottles,750ml) Leroy La Romanée 1962 (estimate US$30,000; HK$232,500)
• Lot 1679: one bottle (750ml) Château Lafite Rothschild 1869 (estimate US$22,500; HK$174,375)
• Lot 2182 & 2183: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Assortment Case 2000 in original wooden case (estimate US$25,000; HK$193,750)
• Lot 1779: full case (12 bottles, 750ml) Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Richebourg 1999 (estimate US$22,500; HK$174,375)
Total lots: 1,816
Pre-sale estimate: more than US$5 million (HK$38,793,500)
Interested buyers may preview 360-degree photographs of bottles from each lot prior to the sale and may request a complimentary catalog at www.spectrumwine.com or by calling 949-748-4845. In addition to attending the auction in person, bidders may also use Spectrum Wine Auctions’ fully-integrated real-time bidding software system online, which offers secure transactions and live streaming audio and video of the auction floor. Bids are also accepted via mail and fax before the sale, and arrangements may be made for live phone bidding.
• Americas: Amanda Keston +1 949 748 4845
• Asia: Powell Yang +1 949 748 4845
Spectrum Wine Auctions Upcoming Live Auction Calendar:
• The Summer 2012 Auction, June 22 and 23, 2012, Hong Kong
About Spectrum Wine Auctions
Following in the grand tradition of its sister auction companies, Spectrum Wine Auctions is a subsidiary of Spectrum Group International, Inc. (SPGZ:PK), a consolidated global collectibles network listed on the Fortune 500. The company is a leading auctioneer of stamps, coins, and other memorabilia, targeting both collectors and dealers. Building a strong financial foundation, Spectrum Group International is also a merchant/dealer of certain collectibles and trader of precious metals. The company's collectibles offerings range from the modest to ultra high-end in value and span the globe. Spectrum Wine Auctions also conducts semimonthly online auctions through www.spectrumwine.com. The company offers competitive incentives for consignors and the ability to consign both highly-collectible and commonly found wines.
Backed by many decades of auction expertise and driven by a team of dedicated wine specialists and enthusiasts, Spectrum Wine Auctions is committed to offering buyers and sellers alike the most accessible and expansive auction opportunities of what is simply the world’s greatest consumable and collectible product—wine. For more information on Spectrum Wine Auctions, please call at 949.748.4845 or visit www.spectrumwine.com.