(IRVINE, Calif.) - Irvine, California-based Spectrum Wine Auctions LLC, one of the world's leading fine wine auction houses, is pleased to announce that it will be selling The Heart Collection this winter in a live auction in Hong Kong, as well as special Internet auctions through its feature-rich website and state-of-the-art bidding platform. The Winter 2012 Live Auction Featuring The Heart Collection will take place on Saturday, December 15, at The Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong, preceded by The Heart Collection Internet Auction that will run from November 2 through November 20. The Heart Collection, which is valued at over $1.6 million and contains many of the world's finest wines was consigned by a well respected Beverly Hills family who will donate the proceeds from the sales to The Heart Foundation.
The Heart Collection was stored in an incredibly curated custom built temperature and humidity controlled wine cellar and features nearly 3,000 bottles of impeccably sourced fine wines. The collection consists of vintages spanning 50 years of Chateau Cheval Blanc, Chateau Lafite Rothschild, Chateau Latour, Chateau Margaux and Chateau Mouton Rothschild. The Heart Collection also includes multiple full case lots of pristine 1982 First Growths featuring Chateau Mouton Rothschild, Chateau Lafite Rothschild and Chateau Cheval Blanc as well as multiple full case lots of 1996 Chateau Lafite Rothschild. Further complementing the collection are large formats such as a full case of 1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild in Magnum (1.5L) and an extremely rare double magnum (3L) of 1985 Le Pin. Additionally the collection includes Domaine de la Romanee Conti from the historic 1985 and 1990 vintages as well as tremendous selections of white burgundy from top producers such as Bouchard, Marquis de Laguiche, Leflaive, Niellon and Sauzet. In conjunction with the auctions, several exclusive charity wine galas will be held to further benefit the Heart Foundation in Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
"Partnering with The Heart Foundation is an extraordinary way to help people through our global wine auctions," said Jason Boland, president of Spectrum Wine Auctions. "We are thrilled to be helping such a great cause as The Heart Foundation, as well as to have this important opportunity to bring our dedicated worldwide clientele the most prestigious and carefully collected consignment that has crossed the auction block this year."
The Heart Foundation's mission is to save lives by educating the public about heart disease, promoting early detection, and supporting research to find more effective ways to prevent and treat heart disease, the No. 1 cause of death in the United States.
The Heart Collection Highlights:
- Full case (12 bottles) of 1959 Chateau Margaux (estimate: $13,000)
- Full case (12 bottles) of 1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild (estimate: $40,000)
- Full case (6 magnums, 1.5L) of 1959 Chateau Mouton Rothschild (estimate: $42,500)
- 2 full cases (12 bottles/case) of 1982 Chateau Cheval Blanc (estimate: $10,000/case)
- Full case (12 bottles) of 1982 Chateau Latour (estimate: $17,000)
- 9 bottles of 1982 Chateau Le Pin (estimate: $25,000)
- 3 full cases (12 bottles/case) of 1982 Chateau Mouton Rothschild (estimate: $15,000/case)
- 3 full cases (12 bottles/case) of 1982 Chateau Lafite Rothschild (estimate: $37,500/case)
- 1 double magnum (3L) of 1985 Chateau Le Pin (estimate: $10,000)
- 6 full cases (12 bottles/case) of 1996 Chateau Lafite Rothschild (estimate: $13,000/case)
Spectrum Wine Auctions Upcoming Live Auction Calendar:
- The Heart Collection Internet Auction 2012, November 2-20
- The Winter 2012 Live Auction Featuring The Heart Collection, December 15, Hong Kong
About The Heart Foundation
The Heart Foundation's mission is to save lives by educating the public about heart disease, promoting early detection, and supporting the research of world-renowned cardiologist Dr. P.K. Shah in the quest to find more effective ways to prevent and treat the #1 cause of death in the U.S. We dedicate ourselves to this mission in memory of Steven S. Cohen, an incredible husband, father, son, brother and friend.